Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fruit!

All my fruit adventures seem to be doing excellent this year! Last year we planted two 3-in-1 apples trees (both have yellow delicious, gala, and fuji!) They both bloomed this year and we have mini apples growing on the trees! The one out front isn't doing quiet as well as the one in the back, mostly due, I think, to the fact that the deer ate a lot of the branches last summer before I put netting around it. Also looks like I need to get some tree straightener kits!


The raspberry patch is going absolutely crazy! I will need to prune it back pretty seriously this fall. All these plants are from about a dozen shoots that I took from my sisters garden last summer. They are doing great! Covered them with bird netting today because the fruit is starting to show. The bucket is next to my blueberry bush which I was sure I killed last summer (by not watering it often enough) It came back and is also showing fruit!


And last but not least! The strawberry patch! Got my first full sized strawberry today! Took some pictures and promptly ate it! It was amazing!!!! These are also starts from my sisters garden from two summers ago. This is the first year that they have done really well! I have so many ripening hopefully the birds and such don't find them- I need to drop some net over them as well.


Raspberries, Blueberries and Strawberries OH my!

No comments:

Post a Comment